The Employee agrees to have the remuneration paid weekly in arrears
The any food sold to the employee will be paid by the employee weekly when pay is received.
The Employee is entitled to annual leave of four weeks leave or 24 working days per year.
The employee will get additional three weeks leave per year due to the long working days and hours as security officer.
The employee will take either one or two weeks leave at a time during which period the employee will not be on the farm.
The employee must receive the normal salary for the leave period plus N$ 50 per week if not food rations are provided during leave period.
The Employee may apply for leave but agrees that the period of leave is in discretion of the Employer.
The Employees gets 12 paid sick leave days per year, all time travelling to and from the clinic or hospital will be calculated as sick leave period.
The employer will keep record of annual and sick leave days.
The Employer will transport the employee once during every month to and from the nearest town on condition that the employee indemnifies the employer should the vehicle be involved in an accident and the employee and/or his family be injured in such accident. The employee may not get on the vehicle if he is drunk or under the influence of any substance.
Additional travel to and from the town will cost N$ 30.00 per round trip, except to get treatment for injuries obtained in exercising his duties.
Code of Conduct / Rules of the Work place
1. The employee will work to the best of his/her ability.
2. Work must be done within reasonable time.
3. During normal working hours and overtime work the employee may not use any substance that will influence the behaviour of the employee such as alcohol, beer, tambo, dagga, strong medicine. The employee acknowledges that the employment may be terminated if this rule is not adhered to.
4. The employee might not work when drunk or influenced by an intoxicating substance. If the employee is drunk, the day will be an unpaid leave day and if it happens more than once in 12 months, the employee may be dismissed.
5. The employee must report to the employer when he/she arrives at work or sign attendance register / clock card.
6. The employee must be on time and not leave before the end of the working day. The employee may only leave before the end of the working day is permission was given.
7. Duties and tasks related to the work must be carried out promptly, diligently and efficiently.
8. Nothing may be removed or taken from the property without getting permission first. The employee must declare beforehand if the employee brings or has any of his/her own tools or property on the farm.
9. Tools, vehicle or equipment may only be used for the tasks and duties of the job on the farm of the employer.
10. Safety clothing or equipment must be used by the Employee without exception. If protective clothing & equipment are not used, the Employee will be responsible should he/she be injured. Safety clothing can be exchanged if damage through normal ware and tear. The Employee agrees that if safety & protective clothing & equipment be lost due to the deliberate or negligent conduct of the employee, the employee will be responsible and liable for the damage.
11. The telephone may only be used after permission was given.
12. The employee must report any injury or sickness immediately to the employer.
13. The employee may not use bad language towards the Employer or any other person at work.
14. The employee must report damage to equipment or tools without delay.
15. The employee will be responsible if he/she intentionally or negligently damage the property of the employer.
16. The employee will obey reasonable and lawful instructions.
17. The employee agree to respect and acknowledge the authority of the management.
18. The employee may only bring his/her own property to work if it is declared when he/she arrives at work.
19. The employee may not sleep while on duty.
20. The employee may not fight with or assault other persons or the employer.
21. If the employee is convicted of assault or theft in a criminal court it would effect the employment relationship negatively.
22. If the employee is absent without permission for more than five consecutive working days it will be regarded as absenteeism and termination of the employment relationship by the employee.
23. The employee may not abscond from work.
24. If the employee cannot perform the work as required or the Employee is incapable to work for long periods, the employment relationship will be negatively influenced and the employment may be terminated.
25. The Employee undertakes to follow all the working procedures and rules of the employer.
26. The employee may not kill any farm or wild animals by any means. The employee may be dismissed if this rule is nor adhered to.
27. The employee must keep all gates closed which should be closed and ensure that all animals have access to clean drink water all the time.
28. The employee must fix and report all water pipe leaks immediately.
29. The Employee agrees that trust and honesty are material and substantive elements of the employment agreement.
30. The Employee will not participate in illegal strikes or refusal to work or disruption of work and the business in an unlawful manner.
31. The Employee undertakes to bring any grievance he/she might have under the attention of the Employer before following dispute procedures outside the business.
32. The parties agree to adhere to the provisions of the Labour Act, Act 11 of 2007.
Unless it is very serious, the Employer shall first warn the employee, and record the warnings and guidance sessions before dismissal shall be considered. Serious misconducts or breach of trust can cause dismissal without previous warnings.
If there is an allegation against the employee the Employer will inform the employee of the allegation, instruct the employee what he/she has done wrong, listen to the excuse / reason / defense of the employee and take a decision on guilty or not guilty and then decide what will the sanction be – after allowing the employee to submit mitigating circumstances.
The Employer will keep record of the disciplinary action taken.
The employee will retire at the age of 60.
The employer may employ the employee after the age of 60 on a annual temporary contract.
The Employer certifies that the agreement was explained on _______________ to the employee. ___________________ in the language ________________ and it was translated to the employee by ________________ in the language _________
Signature of Employer.